The Branly quay located along the left side of the Seine’s edge develop through Paris, from the Alma bridge until the Bir-Hakeim bridge. Before the 18th century, the Swans island gathering several islets were linked to the edge with a bridge overhanging a small canal that has been filled in 1780. It was over an old island that the Musée du Quai Branly has been built – inaugurated by Jacques Chirac in 2006.
More than 40 000 m2 spread over four buildings gather Africans, Americans, Asians and Oceanians’ arts arrays.
Many works have been transferred from the Musée de l’Homme and the Musée national des arts d’Afrique et d’Océanie just to give wealth to the rooms in the new museum, while was putting a theatre in the monument’s underground.
A museum discovery always stars with the book of a suite in the Hotel near to the Branly quay, Helzear.